Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Too Much Horror Business: The Kirk Hammett Collection

I got home from work late Monday evening and waiting for me was a package which contained "Too Much Horror Business: The Kirk Hammett Collection". After popping open the box, I sat with the book until almost 2AM.

 It's obvious from the very first page that much love and care went into assembling the book. The volume is beautifully designed and there's so much eye candy within the photos that grace the pages. This book oozes monster goodness! It's an incredible buy for the cover price of $29.99, but it's an absolute steal for the $16 price that it sells for on Amazon



For me personally, the coolest thing about the book is learning that Kirk is really just a total monster kid that spent hours of his childhood staring at the ads in Famous Monsters just like myself and others. It's nice to see this very human and personal side to the guitarist of my favorite band growing up. I scored my first Metallica album '87, with Garage Days Re-Revisited at the age of 13, and life was never the same. Although my musical tastes have expanded greatly since those days, I still am a firm believer that from Kill 'em All through Justice, there wasn't a better band on the planet. I've seen Metallica six times in concert and would not be the person I am today without their influence on a very critical time in my life growing up. So, for me at least, It's wild to see the monsters that influenced me so strongly as a child and the the man who created the music that influenced me greatest as an adolescent be represented in the same book.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review was looking to find how this book was. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete