Thursday, September 19, 2013

2004 Don Post Studios Catalog


The 2004 Don Post catalog strikes a nice overall balance. The line-up wasn't too bloated, as it had a good blend of original characters and big name modern licensed characters which ranged from Freddy, Jason, Myers, and Leatherface.

In addition, the catalog featured some Rob Zombie designs, and some gorgeous Ed "Big Daddy" Roth designs. I can't say enough about the over sized Rat Fink mask. I don't own one, but every time I see  CreepingDead's collection in person, I am amazed at the quality of the DPS Rat Fink mask. It is easily among the studio's best work of the last 25 years...

Don Post Studios - Rat Fink Mask
 The catalog winds down with some Illusive Concepts masks and some stunning Stan Winston Creatures Signatures Collection masks. I can't recall ever seeing one of these monstrosities in person. Although I'm doubtful that they look as good as they appear in the catalog, the designs are simply amazing! I could be wrong though, the Rat Fink mask looks as good, or even better than the catalog photo.











No comments:

Post a Comment