Sunday, October 9, 2011

Collegeville Costume Store

A visitor commented on yesterday's post featuring the 1961 Collegeville Costume Catalog with some pretty cool info. As it turns out, the company that used to be Collegeville has survived to this day as a flag manufacturer.  Every year for Halloween, the old factory is opened up as a costume shop in Collegeville Pennsylvania...
The store is located on the 2nd floor in the original Collegeville Costumes factory.
Source of Images: Collegeville Halloween Store Face book Page

2 comments:

  1. Nice to see the pictures. Sometimes they'll even dig up old props out of storage.
    It's run by one family who does double duty at Halloween in the store. Nice bunch of people: The mother is about 6'2" and was on the US Olympic volleyball team. All the kids are the same size so visiting the place is a trip to The Land of the Giants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god. I can't believe someone finally made a post like this. I have lived a minute down the road for my 23 year life and we used to raid their dumpster for disguarded masks. The family is really nice and actually let me sell the first masks I ever made in their store. But they are definitely intimidating only because of their height. I'd love to explore their wharehouse some day.

    ReplyDelete