Monday, April 23, 2012

Monsterpalooza Scores

As if the good times hanging out with friends and seeing the amazing art work weren't enough, the added bonus of any good convention is the scores! I managed to come away from Monsterpalooza 2012 with a few more monster masks for the collection...

My first score was this Frankenskull from Aaron Lewis...

 Next up was this ghoulish green skull from Night Owl Productions...


Here's a shot of the two skull masks together...
I snagged these two masks from Bob Short's table. They were produced several years ago from Hollywood Halloween, and were sculpted by Kelly Mann...


The green version is glow-in-the-dark. I plan to paint the grey copy up like the Famous Monsters cover featuring the Horror Hotel ghoul. The best part of this score, was that each mask was only five bucks!!!


The final score was the result of a deal worked out at Monsterpalooza. I didn't actually get the mask until the Thursday after the convention while meeting up with a fellow collector for an early afternoon cocktail at my favorite tiki bar. I'm happy to say I finally have the final Don Post Studios Calendar reissue that I've been after... the Wolfman!
As an extra added bonus, this particular copy was custom finished by Justin Mabry of Night Owl Productions!





2 comments:

  1. Those are some GREAT scores! Justin's work on that Wolf-Man is fantastic (but, we've come to expect this from Mr. Mabry, haven't we?)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed we have Gill-Man, indeed we have!

    ReplyDelete