Saturday, April 21, 2012

Monsterpalooza 2012 Photos - Part 3

Today's post features several of the photos I took on Friday the 13th, a few hours before Monsterpalooza opened it's doors to the public. As a vendor at the show, this was my best shot to roam around at snap some pictures. About half the vendor tables were empty at this point, so this is by no means full coverage of the show, but it paints a decent picture of how things were shaping up Friday afternoon.

I began taking pictures by Aaron Lewis' table, who had a great line-up of colorful retro-style masks...






My first purchase of the show was the Frankenskull pictured above. Below is a shot of the Gluten Freak with a special one-off Monsterpalooza to commemorate the 13th of Friday.



Well before the Don Post Studios booth was set up, a full figure of Don Post Sr. was dropped off along with a vintage DPS Demon...



Here are a few pics of Casey Wong's impressive full-size Frankenstein...




Next up is this massive Alice Cooper monster sculpted by Mike Rotella...



The Universal Monster Army's display was simply breath taking...






I managed to get off one shot of Jordu Schell's Michael Jackson as the pieces were being set up...


This photo of Dr. Finklestein doesn't do the piece justice. It was huge!



Directly across from the UMA's display was the Scarecrow 1138 with a great assortment of monster masks




Doug Goins from Hoosier Effects made it out and also had a  wonderful assortment of smaller sized masks for kids, as well as a few other monstrosities...




Here's a few shots of my own table, the Devil's Workshop...








Here's a shot of the massive Herman Munster that stood next to my table as part of Mask Doctor's display...




Jeff Wehenkel had a wonderful assortment of ghastly ghouls and ghosts...







Next up is Don Lanning's Batman. I wish I had a shot of it all lit up in full action, but it's a super impressive piece regardless...


Night Owl Productions is next up. Justin had a colorful assortment of monster masks available. I picked up the killer neon green skull in the photo below...




I did manage to get some shots of Casey Love's work just a few minutes before the doors opened...










 Russ Lukich's Christopher Lee Vampire was unbelievable in person. I spent a good deal of time admiring the incredible hands. These photos do not do this piece justice, as it truly needed to be seen in person...



Midnight Studios once again had a massive display of monsters. I have to say, for the price, these may be the best makers of modern monsters on the market. Really amazing stuff...









 It wasn't easy to get pictures of Mike Hill's stunning display. Even before the show there was a constant crowd. I really wish I would have been more patient and tried to snap a few more shots of these displays of Jack Pierce and the Mummy and Rick Baker with the American Werewolf. It was very difficult standing next to Jack Pierce, it felt like standing next to a living breathing being...





Here are two shots of work that really impressed me. Unfortunately, I'm  not aware of the artists that created these. Please feel free to leave a comment if you have any info...



And finally, a shot of one of my favorite model kits, the Famous Monsters Hollywood Mask kit...






I've got one more photo roll of fun Hipstamatic photos to share tomorrow. Stay tuned creeps...

6 comments:

  1. wow, the Christopher Lee looked so real i thought it was an impersonator at first. man that's so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible shots! Those life-sized displays look so real. Wish I could have been there to see everything in person. And your Der Krampus mask... insane! Thanks for sharing all these wonderful pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MAN!!! If only I coulda been there! There's some truly amazing pieces on display this year. Things are looking grand for this Hallowe'en season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome pictures ....wish I could have seen it all in person.
    I really like the "Dr. Phibes" stand at the side of your table
    your "fiend" the Doctor

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the kind words and pick of my booth. Ill have some new stuff for Monsterpalooza 2013.
    Brian Freiburger
    scarecrow1138

    ReplyDelete