Friday, March 18, 2011

1 Week to Maskfest...

With 1 week to go until Maskfest, I'm about as geeked up as can be! I can almost smell the latex in the air. Truth be told, there already is the smell of latex in the air, I've got a number of freshly cast masks I'll be bringing with next week. Enough rambling, on to the good stuff...

One of the most amazing display of masks I've ever witnessed was Casey Love's table at Maskfest 2009. For me personally, it was first time seeing Casey's work up close and in person, and I was floored. With my own table being right across the isle form Casey's I was fortunate enough to be able to see these amazing pieces for the better part of three days. I can't say enough about the work, or Casey himself.


Casey's Metaluna, Swine, Monster
Lucifer Mask
Yeti Mask
Close-up of Yeti eyes

6 comments:

  1. Casey's work is incredible to say the least. I'm fortunate to own one of his scarecrows.

    Can't wait to hang out with the Yellow Phantom and the other mask maskers. I can barely contain my Maskfest excitement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed, Casey's scarecrow is amazing. How many scarecrows do you have in the collection now Arcane?

    Friday night I'll be in the bar, see you there man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last count was 51 and growing...

    Yep, Ol' Chucky will buy you a round :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Yetti Mask is awesome! The eyes are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to all for the kind comments on my masks! I just found this site and I am really enjoying it!

    -casey

    ReplyDelete
  6. No prob Casey, glad you're enjoying the site.

    ReplyDelete