Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Don Post Masks at Disney

Both of these wonderful photos come courtesy of the Classic Movie Monsters Blog. While both feature Don Post masks at Disney well before I had the opportunity to visit the Magic Kingdom for the first time back in '82, these images still resonate something special deep within me.

For more photos and information about masks at the Disney Magic Shop, check out this post from the Maskahuna at the HMA.

Don Post Calendar Masks at the Disneyland Magic Shop
Don Post Masks on the lawn of the Haunted Mansion

4 comments:

  1. Love the Frankenmickey!

    One of the biggest missed opportunities with the Haunted Mansion in Walt Disney World is a lack of an actual associated shop. Imagine a series of masks based on the various ghosts!!! I'd pick up all three hitchhikers (no pun intended) without a doubt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more Gill-Man, a full haunted shop would be a dream come true. There was always a small stand outside of the Haunted Mansion at Disney World. I remember buying a battery operated severed hand there on one visit, and seeing an handful of masks including the Distortions "Ghost" and "Ripper".

    Don Post did put out a series of 3 haunted mansion hitchhikers back in the late 80s-early 90s although they never appeared in any catalog. I've never been a fan of the set though :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was lucky enough to see those masks at Disney World during the early seventies, but unlucky in that my folks wouldn't buy one for me ("I'm not paying that much money for that!") I did get a plastic shrunken head, though, which I still have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic photos! I love Randotti skulls in their natural habitat.

    ReplyDelete