Monday, February 25, 2013

1994 Illusive Concepts Catalog

The addition of several new licensed characters was the central theme to the new additions to the 1994 Illusive Concept line-up. These included the  massive Looney Tunes masks, Jurassic Park Dinosaurs, Charlie Chaplin, Laurel & Hardy, as well as a Kramer mask, and the Peanuts gang...














The supplement pages were included with the catalog. It looks like they were printed up and included for use at a trade show (. The Karloff and Lugosi masks look rather well done, but I don't think they ever went into production. There's no sign of them in the 1995 IC catalog.




7 comments:

  1. That "Antique Witch" is INSANE. Way cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! Mario was the best. Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Castlehead mask is great, foamed and given a custom paint job it would be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed Justin! I know we've talked about it in the past, but it bears repeating. The man could sculpt up a serious character. I love his sculpting style

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the Bugs Bunny, Porky Pig and Wile E. Coyote masks! The latter one is probably my favorite, as Wile E. was always my favorite Looney Tunes character (it has a copyright year of 1993)...
    [img src="http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/wile_e2005/16186524/209647/209647_600.jpg"]

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe our family picked up "Lawrence Lips" and "Ancient Warlock" back in 94 or so at clearance sale at MJ Designs - huge impact on me (I was 16 or so), the quality, latex thickness and construction was really well done on these masks - they were also HUGE! They got folks attention as you walked down the street on Halloween eve, for sure!

    ReplyDelete