Wednesday, August 1, 2012

1987 Don Post Catalog

 The 1987 Don Post Studios catalog would go on follow the bi-fold format established with the previous catalog. As a nice bonus, the '87 catalog would come packaged in a textured card stock cover that would feature a beautiful illustration of Don Post Sr. at work painting several classic Skull masks...







 There were many new additions to the Don Post line-up in the 1987 catalog. These new characters included "Herman"...
Herman happens to be my very first Don Post mask. I still own the same copy I bought back during the Halloween season of '89. I've always loved this Frankenstein monster with a Phantom nose!
 The 900 line would see four new characters in the form of "People Eater", "Tongari", "Mikey" and "Sourpuss"...

In addition, the 800 line would also see four new characters including one of my favorite 80's characters "Willies", as well as the futuristic "Mach II", "Bugsy", and "Rock"...


No comments:

Post a Comment