Sunday, September 25, 2011

1 Week to October Shadows

The October Shadows show opens up in one week from today on Sunday, October 2nd. This "Celebration of Halloween in Art" will showcase dozens of world class artists and a handful of incredibly talented monster makers including: Rick Baker, Bruce Spaulding Fuller, Mike Hill, Thomas Kuebler, Casey Love, Justin Mabry, Jordu Schell, and others.
 Here is an article I dug up from the 2009 October Shadows that outlines the concept of the show and contains some nice photos of the artists submissions, and of course, monster masks...
"Blasphemy" by Bill Basso
Werewolf and Goon by Jordu Schell
"The Costume" by Jeff Preston

4 comments:

  1. This looks SO cool, I would LOVE to go. Oh if I only lived closer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does indeed look amazing. I'm an unlucky twist of fate, I'll be in the area this week, only to leave a day before the show opening. Talk about a shit sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there!

    My name is Bill Basso and I actually created the mask above that is credited to Bruce Fuller. It's called "Blasphemy" BTW, I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bill, thanks for the info. I absolutely love the Blasphemy mask.

    Glad you're liking the blog man!

    ReplyDelete